Our mission is to “glorify God by making disciples.”
This “goal” of ours stems exclusively from the final words of Jesus before He ascended to be with His father.
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
(Matthew 28:18-20 ESV)
To accomplish this vision we embrace four core values.
1. The Gospel: We are gospel-centered. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
The Good News of Jesus Christ will be at the center of every sermon, every service, every group, and every ministry. The gospel can be summarized by these four points:
• We are accountable to a loving, righteous and holy God.
• We are separated from God because of our sin, having ultimately rejected God’s authority.
• Jesus is the substitute payment for those sins. Through the death of Christ on the cross, mercy and justice are reconciled.
• We respond to God’s grace with faith and repentance.
2. The Word of God: We are Bible based (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
The word of God is true from beginning to end and we believe that true progress in the faith stems from the Word of God taking root.
3. Community: We do life together (Hebrews 10:24-25)
We were made for fellowship with each other and with God. Authentic community happens when we love one another, care for one another, hold each other accountable, and serve together.
4. Mission: We love our city (Mark 16:15)
In following Jesus’ footsteps, we aim to love those around us and seek to love and
evangelize those in our city and around the world.