At Awaken, we encourage parents to publicly dedicate their children to the Lord. When parents dedicate
- Parents are acknowledging their child as a gift from God (Psalm 127:3-5).
- Parents are publicly declaring their intention to raise their child in such a way that they are given
an opportunity to know God and to establish a personal relationship with Christ (Deuteronomy
6:49, Ephesians 6:4).
- Parents are affirming their total dependence upon the Lord (John 15:5).
- Parents are asking family, friends and the church community to prayerfully support and hold them
accountable to these commitments (Hebrews 10:24-25).
Steps for Child Dedication:
- Dedicating parent(s) have been attending Awaken regularly for at least six months.
- Dedicating parent(s) have successfully filled out the Child Dedication Application form below.
- Dedicating parent(s) attend the scheduled Child Dedication service where they publicly dedicate
their child(ren) to the Lord.
Check the Events page for the next Child Dedication date.