Comedian Jim Gaffigan may not be an expert in the field of parenting, but I think he said it perfectly when he said:
“Every night before I get my one hour of sleep, I have the same thought: ‘Well, that’s a wrap on another day of acting like I know what I’m doing.’ I wish I were exaggerating, but I’m not. Most of the time, I feel entirely unqualified to be a parent. I call these times being awake.”
That's exactly how most of us feel sometimes. We have no clue what we're doing when it comes to parenting. But the great thing is...we aren't alone. We can learn from each other.
Check out this blog from Brad Hambrick with all of his favorite articles in parenting. Hopefully one or some may come in handy as you strive to disciple your kids and raise them to become followers of Jesus Christ.
- Man Trip Series
- A New Letter Writing Tradition for My Boys
- Good Cop, Bad Cop Parenting
- What Is the Difference Between Punishment, Consequences, Discipline, and Instruction?
- Vlog: When and How to Talk to Your Children about Masturbation?
- The Pre-Sex Talks with Adolescents
- Teaching Healthy Family Communication
- Lightning McQueen, Doc Hudson, and Psalm 119:11
- Developing a Family Discipline of Memorizing Scripture
- Prayer and Talking to My Children
- Reflecting on Statistics Related to Blended Families
- Spiritually-Morally Divided Co-Parents in a Blended Family
- Talking to My Boys after the Transgender Talk at Their Public School
- Ready to Launch by J.D. and Veronica Greear
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Instructing a Child’s Heart by Tedd and Margy Tripp
- Everyday Talk by John Younts
- Age of Opportunity by Paul Tripp
- Gospel-Powered Parenting by William P. Farley
- The Smart Step-Family by Ron Deal
[ Source: http://www.bradhambrick.com/my-favorite-posts-on-parenting/ ]